Nomad friendly? Yes!
- Range of group tables
- No plugs on main tables but there was some sockets on the truck
- Very popular with uni students
- Americano coffee was 2.5EUR
- Got a delicious falafel sandwich for 5.7EUR
- Wifi speed test was 38.77Mbps / 11.15Mbps
- Wifi had a bit of a wobble, seemed to disconnect sometimes on my first visit, no trouble on second visit
- Played a range of music in the background from trip hop / lo-fi / deep house music
- I didn’t see any signs for a toilet
Despite the entire place being crammed with laptops, I decided to check their website to see if they mentioned being laptop-friendly. You never know if it’s been invaded or if its by the cafe’s design. In this case they do list themselves as a “coworking space and vegan coffeeshop”. I guess the lack of power supplies is a natural barrier for people overstaying their welcome.
My first visit was just a social one, but I went back and worked from it a few days later. Without the plugs it meant my time was limited but I’m quite glad of this because for me the ergonomics of the tables / chairs was off. The chairs were a little too low for the table which meant to type properly you had to hunch your shoulders up. After a few hours of that it was getting pretty uncomfortable.
If you can work with your laptop on your knees then there are a range of window ledge seats around the outside. There are maybe two or three different types of table throughout.
They also have a nice centerpiece with a big old 60s style flatback delivery truck parked in one corner. You can climb up and sit on tables on the back of it, or on the steps to the side. At weekends they turn the venue into a nightclub, so I suspect this might be where the dj goes.
Despite the ergonomics I would have gone back, because the place had a nice vibe. I guess maybe it’s the fact that all of the students are there and all diligently working away on their laptop; it has a kind of productive feel to it. Some places make me not want to get caught slacking and that is one of them. With Twostay x Nudo just around the corner it’s easy to push the ejector button if it gets too much.